Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mid Week Maddness

Tonight was the first Wednesday Night'r of the year and it was quite a showing. I think there were 24 riders that rolled out from the courthouse. Some regulars, familiar faces and some newbies. Off the top of my brain I remember: Gary & Traci R., Nate (Too Fast), Dr. Talbot, Adam A., Kyle, Jacob B., Marc G., Jason, Elvis, Ryan P., Papa Dave, Sexy Legs Jimmy, Chris R. I'm sure I forgot some, sorry bout that.

The group road well together up Rt. 100 with some good pace line'n. Then the inevitable attacks were thrown in and the group broke up. I got caught in the back and missed the first attack. Got in a chase with Nate and Jason but couldn't reel in Adam, Jimmy and a dude I don't know (but he had a bitch'n Trek Madone and had a team kit on and road strong). We were just a few seconds back at the top of Lazzel? Hill. After the regroup at the 19 intersection it was State Line Sprint time. Nate was in good position, Adam was up there and Madone dude. Not sure who got it. I was on Dr. Talbot's wheel using him a lead out but we got caught up in traffic and didn't have a chance. Dang!

Up Big Shannon the pace picked up fast and attacks started again. Nate jumped off the front on a good attack to heat it up. I bridged up to the front and just stayed on the some fast wheels doing short pulls. Eventually it was down to Adam, Jimmy, Madone dude and me. Then, just before the last roller there was a real close call with a happy puppy running out to greet us. Thanks to some good handling skills we escaped with all our skin. On the last roller I thought I would go ahead and drop it like its hot. Of course Adam came around, got away from the other two (dog scare may have been more a cause then my pathetic sprint).

The return trip was very similar except a couple of flats and mechanicals. Everyone waited at the 19 intersection for awhile but the victims didn't show, so most rolled on while Gary and Papa Dave went back collect the fallen.

The rest of us headed back so we could get most of the group back before dark. Nate put on a good sprint show at the state line and edged out Madone dude. Then Too Fast beat everyone up the climb with Jason, Jimmy and I not too far behind. After the final regroup we paced down 19. I left the group at Osage so I could hit up the Rail Trail at Star City.

Great first Wed. Night'r of the year. Good to see lots of new faced coming out to test their metal. Its a good indication of the growing strength in the local cycling scene. Very Cool! I had a great time and everyone chipped in to keep the group safe and smooth. I ended up with over 19mph average, pretty speedy voyage.

Hope the rest of the crew can make it out to this ride at least once so we can put on a good team showing on the premier fasty ride in town. Come on in boys, the water is fine.

Later,
Josh

Teaser. I have some photos of another SuperFly race machine. Maybe the badest A bike of them all. Also, I'll be posting a hot looking 69er race machine, other gear updates/reviews and describe the pure HI I get from riding the HiFi...........Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment