Saturday, April 18, 2009

HI FI Review

I've been on the Hi Fi for a few weeks now so I thought I would let you know how she rides. I can wrap it up in one word..........SWEET! I really like how this bike rides. The Hi Fi just adds to the enjoyment of trail riding and gets me LIFT'D.
The Fox suspension works great. Feels smooth on the descents and very efficient on climbs (bob free). Add the 29er wheels and you have a Cadillac smooth ride. I think the G2 geometry, specifically the fork offset improves the handling of the 29er style bike. Very stable and balanced at low speeds and carves like a knife at high speed. I can feel a difference between my Hi Fi and Superfly, which does not have a G2 fork, especially at low speed. Makes me want to run out and get a G2 fork for the Superfly, but I don't think I can swing that, bummer.
One adjustment that I made was flipping the stem to 7 degrees down to give a more aggressive feel. This is more of a personal preference but made it ride that much better for me. Anybody considering a new full suspension ride I would highly recommend the Gary Fisher Hi Fi. It will make those long epics out at Coopers, Big Bear or wherever you ride as fun as your 21st birthday, it's a blast man! I wouldn't hesitate to pick this bike on race day either. Not to mention, she's a sexy bitch too.
Test ride one today at your LBS and get your own Hi on.

On that note, word is there maybe another member of Team RowMan+ getting their own Hi Fi 29er. I think this person didn't like getting dropped on the decents as I was blazing the downhills on the Hi Fi. Stay tuned to see if this rumor is substantiated.
See you at the races.
later,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment