Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Sunday, 3/4ths of the team got out on the wet/salty/icy roads for a nice, long, training ride. Jeremy, Steve and I met at the courthouse and then headed across the Westover Bridge where we saw Leiw standing beside the road like a stray dog. We proceeded north on Rt. 100 and made a right off that lovely piece of tarmac onto Taylertown Rd. From here all I can recall is the name of the towns we road through. So I remember Bobtown, Carmicheles, Garards Fort, Kirby, Mt. Morris and back to town. I need to get one of those fancy GPS thinys. I like to play around with maps and just looks like a cool toy.

Man it was great to get out for a good road ride. Steve was feeling fresh, he road out front most of the day. Jeremy was working on his spin, while I was just trying to hang on after an already full week of riding. Had a bad cause of acid legs.

Jeremy was giving me some good technical tips on the P.A. big rollers.....Thanks, dude.

I ended up with around 4 hrs. in the saddle and one crud covered road bike........Breaks my heart to see her that filthy.

Got back home in time to go to a friends house to watch the Steelers squeak out a Super Bowl wim......Way to go Steelers! Super Bowl XLIII Champs! #1 Football team in the world!

This week I start a new job, so I'll crank it down for a recovery week before ramping up for another phase. This weekend's weather is looking promising, maybe I'll see you crazy kids out play'n on your bikes.

Later,

Josh
All yeah, Chip came upon on old picture of Steve and Jeremy when they use to race at the Velodrome. That's Jeremy on Steve's wheel if you couldn't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment