Saturday, February 21, 2009

oh yeah...


Yep, those are some blueberry pancakes whipped up this morining by the personal support crew here at the Hobbs's household. For those of you in the dark, that would be Mrs. Myra. She fixed these whole wheat blueberry pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup for me this a.m. Oh yeah, they were good.

After finishing up that fine breakfest, the wife and I headed downtown to Armstrong hall to participate in a communication research project. We had to answer a few questionaires and have a conversation with another couple while being videotaped. Wasn't too time consuming and we were glad to help out a fellow researcher here at WVU.

Next, we headed to the LBS and checked in on Steve. Poor chap, still not quite recovered from his cold/funk, but seemed like he is doing much better. I got his opionion on a few tires for this spring. He pointed me down the same path Chappy recently visited and I ordered some Bontrager Jones ACX for this spring. We talked long finger gloves for a few minutes, the shop was lacking the desired style in my size so the wife and I headed out for some grocery shopping.

Finally made it out on the bike at about 1:30 today. Headed out to Bake's for some muddy mountain biking. To my suprise the ground was still a little frozen in some places. Nothing better than riding big frozen muddy ruts...it's got to be good for the skills, right?

Oh yeah...

What can I say, "I have the greatest wife in the world." After seeing me race the entire 08' season on my 8 (or is it 10) year old Gary Fisher Procaliber, she strongly ecouraged me to splurge on the Superfly. Well, it didn't really take much encouraging...A few slight modifications to the box setup: swapped out the triggers for twistys, immediately went tubeless, some red Oury grips, with matching red bottle cages, and bar ends. Oh, it rides so sweet, can't wait to spend end some quality time on this bike come racing season.
























Later folks,

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. That is a fine lookin' machine you got there Hobbs! Burn it down in the expert class on that puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one lucky boy coach. That Mrs. Myra is one awesome girl and that is a sweet bike.

    ReplyDelete