Sunday, February 15, 2009

Good Sunday Ride'n @ Bakers










It was a last minute call for the ride today, with the weather being the deciding factor. We eventually decided to stay off the road due to the cold temps, it was low 30's at the time with a skiff of snow on. So, it was an earlier than usual ride at Bakers Ridge.

I got up early this morning and had my usual pre-ride big breakfast. Today it was some yummy pancakes with some eggs and OJ. Then it was time to relax have some coffee and digest. Got out the door in time for the 11:17 meeting time at the lower gate.

Met up with Coach, and Jeremy. Steve is still out of commission with the funk. Coach was on his new '09 SuperFly. Hot look'n bike, I like the new paint job on this years frame, adds a little more pop to it. I've been trying to get Coach to post some updates on his SuperFly, but he's a busy boy with all the thesis writing, coaching and bowling and such. Stay tuned...........Jeremy and I were on SS's. He was on the Trek 69'er and I was on the Gary Fisher Rig.
Trail conditions were much better than anticipated. Still lots of muddy spots but the trails have tacked up a lot since Thursday night. We did some laps up top for a good warm up then hit turbo and a few other trails then headed down spaghetti which was in good shape and a blast to ride down. At this point Coach split cause he didn't want to over do it after being sick. He did say before he left how smooth the big wheels were roll'n. 29'ers ROCK!
Then there was 2, for like 10 minutes. On the way back up to the top we ran into Roberto who was sport'n his bad A super suit. Got a good flow going for quite a bit and covered a lot of ground. Ran into some more friends, Sean Z., Drew and couple dudes who's names I didn't get. Shortly after that we met up with the MonBike Group Sunday Ride. They had a decent group today. Gunnar and Betsy, Jake, Gary, Mark, Andrew and Jay, I think that was everyone. I was getting purty tired about then so I'm not sure. Speaking of getting tired, I took a nice flop on spaghetti while attempting and super cool cross move to get over a downed tree, too pooped to get my leg over the bike. Gave Robbie a good chuckle, so it was worth it. After spaghetti Jeremy and I were done for the day. Around three hours on the SS, I was running out of gas. Great ride'n though and great to see so many out get'n down and dirty.

A bonus for today! We had our team photographer out on course snapping some action pics. Thanks Anna, your awesome.









Good post ride activities followed for me. Yummy grilled Cx salad, Magic Hat Circus Boy brew, and ToC (Go Levi and Astana). Great Day! Life is Good!









Later,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment