Thursday, February 5, 2009

They're Here, They're Here! YEAH!

All right brace yourself, the new team decals are in. Got some shots of Stephen's frame graphics. Old boy's get'n a lot a sticky plastic on his frame, probably adding all kinds of weight. Check'em out.
Steve got red graphics while the rest of us got white. I think they turned out "real nice Clark". Good job Jeremy. That kids got some style.

Also, I made an executive decision and mounted some tires on my new Race X Lite wheels. I went with the ACX's. They don't have the volume of the XDX's but they are lighter and should hook up well in the early season slop. I'm mounting them so early cause I believe these tubeless thingies with the gooey stuff (I use Bongrager's Super Juice) work/seal better if you give them some time to cure. So I'm seasoning my tires. I will give them a spin every day or so to coat the tires with the Super J. Of course this is just a theory, it may do nothing at all, but with the tire luck I've had, I'll give it try. Stay tuned for results of this experiment.
After playing at the shop it was time for the Thursday Night Shop Ride. Not a real strong showing tonight, just Jeremy and myself. Steve said something about it being too cold and going home to watch some cartoons and ride the trainer. So the Team RowMan tough guys headed out to White Park for some riding delight. It was a slow paced, fun ride. There's still quite a bit of snow on with icy patches but not too bad. I was on the "E to the X" which just got it's fork back from Mr. Fox. We Mr. Fox said he replaced almost everything but the damn thing still works and feels like crap. So there was a lot of stopping and screwing with the fork. But o'well those things don't last forever. Maybe new bike time? Hhhhmmmm. Maybe something with big wheels and full suspention. Sounds like some giggling like a school girl fun to me?

This weekend's forecast is sounding pretty promising, hope it holds up. I've been hearing some rumors flying around about some serious training rides. Lets see what the winds of change will bring.

Later,
Josh

2 comments:

  1. Hey chappy, instead of experimenting with those ACX tires, i will recommend a proven tire, the bontrager connection trail. This tire is designed for a rider of your training expertise, give it a try and see what happens. Gibby McGibster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't take tire advice from crazy, drunk Irishmen.

    ReplyDelete