Sunday, March 8, 2009

Coops Out and Back Epic

My day dreaming finally paid off, warm and dry. First time this year we were able to ride with shorts and short sleeves. Temps were in the 70's and partly sunny. It was very bitch'n. I met up with the Rowands at Jermey's place. Didn't hear from coach, he has his masters defence this week so, I figure he is real busy. Everyone wish him luck.

I pulled up and Jeremy had on knee warmers, arm warmers, and vest on. I told him he was a dumb ass and to take all the crap off cause it was awesome day to be out on the bike. As usual I was spot on.

I brought out the SuperFly again to get it dialed in a lil more. Steve was 69'n it and Jeremy was on the Stumpy FSR 29er. We headed out around high noon for a Cooper's Rock out and back. Went the Mile Ground/Peirpont/Old Cheat Lake Road?/Quarry Run up to Coop's day lot. It took us about 1:20hr to get there. Went nice and slow on the way there so it was a great warm up.
Here's Steve reliving himself after the long ride up.





Jeremy happy to be at coop's
There were a ton of people at the day lot. After a short fuel up we headed out on the trails, which were pretty sweet, dry and fast, great traction. We went out to the reservoir and back toward the day lot via the Parallel Trail. Then down to the intermediate loop and back to the reservoir. Then it was out to Rock City and Rhododendron Trail. At this point I fell over on my derailleur and bent my tab like a real idiot. It took quite a bit to get that all straitened out. Thanks to Jeremy for bringing a spare tab even though it didn't fit his bike. Needless to say this isn't the first time this has happened. Got things rolling again and went over to the other side of the hill to do the Nature Trial. After that we decided we better head back cause we were run'n out of water and I was gett'n gassed.

Steve goof'n off.










Then we blasted down Quarry and hit up the BP for some rehydration and munchies. It was just in time, we were out of fluids and feeling some hunger pain.












After the break it was back home for some recovery food.

What a good recovery dinner. Grilled turkey burgers, potatoes with peppers and onions and asparagus and wash it all down with Dog Fish Head Brewery's 90 minute IPA. Now it's time to relax and watch one of my favorite movies "Idiocracy". Oh my balls.



Anna and I also did a fishing trip to Davis on Saturday. Didn't catch any trout but who cares? Had some good beer (Yuengling Black and Tan) and good food (Siriani's Veggie Pizza). A cool bonus, got to see JR while he was working at BWB. Dude has lost 30 lbs. and still isn't smoking, way to go man. Watch out Clydesdale class.



Check out the Sport Utility Neon doing some mudd'n.



later,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment